Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

So Thanksgiving was a little different this year - Mom was working, Gram was (and still is) at Lifecare for Rehab, Karlie in Knoxville, Kera (was suppose to work but God was good to her and she had the day off) - However, my brother in law Jon has family who are always so good to us and had us over - We spent the afternoon at his brother Adams new home and had a great time and awsome food!!! Taylor and I had some sort of stomach virus the day before and I was unable to cook my part - so all we showed up with was cresant rolls - We did have so much to be grateful for this year though - My grandmother had a stroke in October and is doing amazing well - we never thought we see her walk - or feed hersself - or understand her when she talks - My sister Karlie has completely turned her life upside down and lets just say that we have her back in our lives and are so happy about it - We welcomed Lauren Elisabeth into our lives in September - And I just have to add how thankful I am for my mother and sister Kera - It's been a hard 2 months but we have been able to lean on each other and help each other out through out these hard times - I have an amazing family and couldn't be more grateful for each one - And let me not keep out my oldest daughter - She is the best big sister and I am so proud and thankful for her each day - so even though it was not our typical thanksgiving it was a good day and God has truly blessed us this past year!!!

Taylor running out to take some pictures (which she was not thrilled about!)

Taylor and Lauren with their monogrammed apron and bib (c0mpliments of Aumie!!!)

The 3 cousins - (poor girls get so sick of taking pictures - )

Miss Lauren posing for her picture

The 4 girlies - Are they not the cutest girls ever?!!!!


Taylor looking so thrilled (not!!) while cousin Emery loves on her - (Em just loves her cousin Tay)

Mom spent the night before baking this amazing turkey for work only to have me take it home - and I wasen't complaining because our family (AKA - Mom and Gram) make the best turky/dressing ever - just felt bad for her doing all that work -


Visiting Aumie at work - (my daughter takes after me with the closed eyes!!!)










No comments: